As we attempt to create a new normal and return to business, Nietling Family Eye Care would like to share what we are doing to ensure the safest environment for all our patients. Our office is taking the following steps including our normal disinfecting/sanitizing protocols in effort to keep everyone healthy.
- The office door is locked at all times. There is no walk-in traffic allowed due to COVID-19 until we may return to full working capacity.
- No walk-in adjustments or repairs allowed. Any optical work must be done by curb side appointment.
- We are scheduling one patient every hour to allow staff proper time to disinfect and sanitize the office.
- We ask that unless a driver is needed for your exam that you come to your appointment alone.
- You will be required to sign a COVID-19 Pandemic Eye Exam and Treatment Consent Form in order to be seen in our office.
- Fever is checked on each patient prior to entering the building.
- Disposable mask are available and we recommend that all patients wear one while in the office.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use by each patient upon entering the office. We ask that you use only as needed, since supplies is limited. This will allow our office to be able to continue to serve you.
- Staff is using hand sanitizer before and after each patient encounter.
- Clipboards, pens, eyeglass frames are being disinfected/sanitized after each patient use.
- Children’s play area items have been reduced to ones we can and do disinfect after each child.
- Magazines have been removed from waiting area.
- Bathrooms are disinfected/sanitized by employees after each use.
- We ask that you do not touch the frames on the board, allow the opticians to bring them to you.
- Pick-up for glasses and other purchases is available through curbside drop off appointments only. Staff will contact you to schedule an appointment for pick up.
We understand that not allowing walk-in traffic may inconvenience some of our patients and we apologize for that. However, in order to maintain a clean safe work and patient care area this will be how we conduct business until further notice. Please contact our offices by phone or email to schedule any of your eye care needs. At the bottom of this article we have provided some links we have found helpful during this time.
Texas Governor Link: https://gov.texas.gov/news
Grayson County Link: https://www.co.grayson.tx.us/page/covid.home
Collin County Link: https://www.collincountytx.gov/Pages/default.aspx